The ZyWALL USG (Unified Security Gateway) 50 is the “third generation” ZyWALL featuring an all-new platform. It provides greater performance protection as well as a deep packet inspection security solution for small businesses to enterprises alike. It embodies a Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall, Anti-Virus, Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP), Content Filtering, Anti-Spam, and VPN (IPSec/SSL) all in one box. This multilayered security safeguards your organization’s customer and company records, intellectual property, and critical resources from external and internal threats.
- ZYWALL USG CLEAN-TRAFFIC ARCHITECTUREThe ZyWALL USG’s clean-traffic architecture protects against network risks such as viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, spyware, phishing attacks and other emerging Internet threats. With the clean-traffic architecture, enterprises users are assured to have clean and secure network environments.
- NEW GENERATION UTM SOLUTIONThe ZyWALL USG Series deploys hardware-acceleration technology in one box. Powered by high-performance SecuASIC technology and a hardware-based encryption accelerator, the ZyWALL USG Series delivers industry-leading performance and multi-layer threat protection for small businesses and enterprises. The ZyWALL USG Series provides integrated Unified Threat Management security features such as Anti-Virus (include Kaspersky Anti-Virus & ZyXEL Anti-Virus), IDP, Anti-Spam, Content Filtering and Firewall, VPN. All ZyWALL USG Series products support the Gigabit Ethernet.
- ENDPOINT SECURITYWith the new Endpoint Security feature (EPS), administrators can easily identify “bad” users, i.e. where no AV software has been installed. By enforcing installation of the Anti-Virus software, the ZyWALL mitigates the threat of virus outbreaks and thus the loss of money and employee productivity. The EPS supports Norton, Kaspersky and TrendMicro AV client software, among others. Additionally, personal firewall software such as Kaspersky Internet Security 2009/2010, Windows Firewall and TrendMicro PC-Cillin/Internet Security 2010 are also supported with the new EPS feature.
- HIGH PERFORMANCEZyXEL USG Series is built with a powerful Integrated High Performance Security architecture, a performance proven architecture for gigabit fiber. It provides real-time inspection to prevent networks from threats without sacrificing performance. Company networks are not only flawlessly secured but also greatly enhanced on performance to improve operational productivity and efficiency when applications such as file-loading, emailing, and information searches are processed at higher speed.
- ROBUST HYBRID VPN (IPSEC AND SSL)The ZyWALL USG Series can provide secure access between remote locations and corporate resources through the Internet for organizations of any size. Using IPSec VPN, companies can secure connections to branch offices, partners and headquarters. Road warriors and telecommuters can use SSL VPN to safely access the company network without having to install VPN software. The Series provides a flexible and easy way to enable mobile employees, vendors and partners to confidently access your network resource for better efficiency. (The following features will be ready in a future firmware upgrade in December 2011; 1) VPN Fail-over / Fall-back, 2) SSLVPN Reverse Proxy Mode, 3) SSLVPN File Sharing.)
- APPLICATION FIREWALLMore and more network applications bring malicious software into your office. This kind of unwanted software, especially IM/P2P applications, may cause bandwidth waste or even system damage. Using the application patrol and bandwidth management features, you can have full control over traffic blocking or rate limit settings.